Monday 2 July 2012

My week at New Designers


I've had an extremely exciting week at New Designers where my work was displayed as part of the part 1 exhibition held at the Business Centre at Angel in Islington. My work was displayed over 2 boards, and I had a brilliant week meeting and talking with people from industry as well as other graduates, press and companies. 














As an institution, Leeds College of Art also managed to scoop 2 awards! The Tigerprint award and the Harlequin award, so well done guys! Once we had taken our work done, and said our goodbyes, everyone got a little teary and it really did feel like the end of an era. 
I realised after battling with my ridiculously heavy portfolio (it honestly felt like i was carting home bricks) on the tube, that I've really enjoyed this last week and it felt amazing to end my 3 years at Leeds on such a high.  I saw some amazing work throughout the week and now we're all going to go our separate ways now and are off onto placements, internships and jobs, so I wish the best of luck to all my fellow course mates, and everyone who was apart New Designers 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment