Monday 9 July 2012

Muraspec Competition


A couple of months before we finished uni for good, the company Muraspec came and set us a brief for a student competition that they run every year at different universities and art colleges.  We had to create designs, mood boards and concept boards to show off our work and then they would chose their 'winner'. This person would then go along for a placement at Muraspec and in their design studio help put it into production! I'm very excited to announce that this person was me!! At New Designers I was presented with a cheque that will go towards my accommodation as their design studio is in Kent. 



being presented with a cheque with the lovely Rachel from Muraspec 



I'm thrilled that they liked my work enough to pick me, and I'm also so excited to start a placement at a company whose work I really like and I feel that my own style and designs fit with! Muraspec are one of the biggest commercial wallpaper and wallcovering companies in the UK and provide designs for hospitals, cruise ships, hotels and even on a Calvin Klein catwalk!
Here's a few samples of the work that Muraspec produce... and you can see more on their website here, I'm personally in love with this print from the 'wow' range! 







I'll be updating my blog with my placement and how my design gets put in production.. Now time to start looking for accommodation ....!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment